Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My baby genuis

I wanted to update everyone on what Isaac has really been up to lately. I post a lot of pictures, but I don't usually spend a lot of time talking and bragging about my boy's talents. So, here I go! :) Well, for starters, this kid is a talker and I don't mean just baby jabber. He can say a lot words and he can say them clearly. His vocabulary includes: Mama, Dada, Dog, Elmo, Night, Night, Banky, Baba, Moo, Ball, Papa, wha dis? or what's this?, No, duck, Bye-bye, hi, bath, uh-oh, juice, and this isn't everything. He repeats a lot of other words, but has not started saying them on his own yet. And I work with him a lot on his letters and he can repeat almost every letter in the alphabet, but for some reason the letter 'B' is his favorite. ;) Dr. Dickerson was pretty impressed at how well he was speaking at his last visit.

He loves books, we read books all the time! We have a look and find and he can actually do it! He points to everything he is supposed to and if you ask him where something is on the page, he points right to it. He knows almost every animal sound and can do them on command. I know a lot of babies his age do all these things, but it just so cute. They amaze me at how smart they are at such a young age.

I have started working with him on puzzles and he is doing pretty good. I do spend a lot of time with him on this stuff, but he loves it! He hardly ever watches TV, mommy likes the brain food better ;) Hmmm...let's see, he just does so much stuff and something new all the time. I asked him to say the letter 'Q' today when we were doing the alphabet and that's one he hasn't said yet, but out it came. Q! You should hear a baby say "Q", it's awesome! He said it perfectly and in a high pitched voice. I shrieked with excitement and then he clapped for himself! He is still wondering why I get so happy about these things :) Mommy is just weird I guess. Well, there is tons more I could write about, us mom's could write for days about our kids, but I wanted to post this, especially for my family who doesn't see him very much and for Mammaw! Love you Mams!

1 comment:

rottylover79 said...

I just LOVE that Isaac is talking so much!! Very impressive! =o)

p.s. I hope he's feeling better today!