Christmas day was bitter sweet for us this year. Isaac's first Christmas was exciting, but with the excitement also came some very sad news that morning. My Pappaw passed away and it was a bit of a shock to us all. He had two major surgeries within a month and he didn't bounce back like we all had hoped and prayed for. I truly wish Isaac could have known Paps like I did, he was the greatest man I've ever known and our hero. I love you paps, and I won't say goodbye because I will see you again someday.
*************
God saw you getting tired when a cure was not to be, so He closed His arms around you and whispered, "Come to Me". You did not derserve what you went through and so He gave you rest. God's garden must be beautiful, for He only takes the best.





3 comments:
Oh, Katie...how precious is this post. It brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for you and your families loss. I'm sure Paps was right there with you watching his great-grandson's 1st Christmas.
Your devoted faith in God will pull you through this difficult time. You are a very strong and beautiful woman and God will take care of you and your family.
Make sure to share with Isaac all your stories/memories of Paps, so he will know him the best he can.
I love you, Katie.
Katie, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Pappaw. I am sure he was a wonderul man and I know God is taking good care of him. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Katie...I am so sorry for your loss.
Your post was beautiful! My thoughts are with you.
Post a Comment